Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What a terrible time...

FOR MY CAMERA TO DIE!

It died today, the first day that I was going to really start taking pictures.  Of course.  AND of course today we went to two of the top highlights in Dublin - Christ Church and Dublin Castle.  I have a few pictures and some of my friends here are sending me the pictures they took.  I'll probably go back to Christ Church and pay to get back inside, and I'll go back to Dublin Castle but I don't need to go back inside there.  I'll just get more pictures of the grounds and whatnot.  It was beautiful enough!

Then Steve, Sarah, and I went shopping.  We headed into this store my mom found called Avoca.  Oh my gosh.  Gorgeous.  Handwoven scarves, blankets, clothes, and then plates and cups and accessories galore.  I'm obsessed.  I'll be back there soon.  We finished up our shopping with a trip to Steve's pub of choice for the night: Messrs Maguire.  It was yummy.  I had potato pancakes (another way to eat them!) with smoked salmon.  Delish.

Yesterday we went on a walking tour of downtown so we could learn to navigate it for ourselves.  Then a group of us wandered about until we found O'Neill's, a pub near Trinity College.  I had corned beef and cabbage - duh!  So good.  It came with as many vegetables as they served, but I only got three kinds of potatoes.  Shame, I know. 

This weekend is a four day weekend!  We've got a lot planned, so you'll have to stay tuned to see where we go :)


No comments:

Post a Comment