Sunday, May 30, 2010

On the Emerald Isle

Hello!   I don't yet know the Irish greeting, so I'll stick with what I do know for now.  I am IN IRELAND.  My non-stop from Atlanta to Dublin was delayed for about half an hour due to the weather, but we boarded and hit the air.  I got lucky because there was no one sitting next to me (I think that was the only empty seat on the whole 767!).  I think we took off around 8:30.  I immediately started watching Leap Year.  It was over too soon, and I still hadn't gotten my dinner.  I finally got that around 11 pm.  I ate, then dozed on and off for the next 3 or 4 hours. 

When I woke up (body time ~ 3 am), the sun was shining outside.  We had about 1 hour until we landed, so I watched outside when I could see past the people in the window seats.  When we dropped through the top layer of clouds and could see Ireland, I was stunned.  We flew over this patchwork of grass and fields and stone walls, all different colors, textures, each with their own charming building nearby.

Well, the building where I am on campus is closing in 10 minutes, so I'll finish this later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment